Create and edit decoration
Decorations are replications on a target curve of a given pattern formed by one or more curves.
They are used to draw decorations or other repeated design on a existing line.
- Select the set of curves you want to use as a repeated pattern or select the existing
decoration you want to edit. Press Enter (or right-click) to end selection
- Select the target curve you want to add the decoration to
- Set the options in the window that shows up and click Ok
- Distance: distance between the decorations in the series
- Number: number of decorations in the series
- Distance from start: the distance, calculated from the start of the curve, from where the pattern series will begin
- Distance from end: the distance, calculated from the end of the curve, where the pattern series will finish
- You can also use the pick start button (or press W) and pick end button (or press E) to choose points on the curve
- Scale X: The scale factor applied to the horizontal dimension of the pattern
- Scale Y: The scale factor applied to the vertical dimension of the pattern
- Offset value: the offset value is the distance from the target curve where the pattern series will be created
- Flip button (shortcut T): if you are using the offset, move the decoration to the other side of the curve